Friday, May 29, 2026

Ashland Evening

Mike is awesome! I had a doctors appointment today with the breast specialist because of a scary mammogram. Of course I'm sure it's going to be fine and no big deal, but I do need to get a biopsy. Mike came with me to be supportive. I'm so glad he did, not because of the doctors appointment necessarily, but because we got rear ended on the way home. We were at the stop light and the poor girl behind was so tired (and or just not paying attention) that when the left turn lane light turned green and they went, she (who was in the straight lane, like us), just went and drove right into us. Fortunately it was not a big deal, except... she hit the trailer hitch, which... somehow knocked our muffler half off and left it dragging on the ground! We called the cops because... we couldn't drive that way but while we waited.. Mike crawled on the ground and decided that once it cooled off, he could probably rig it enough for us to get home. Thank goodness because I had 6 bags of horse feed in there too! So.. yay for hero husbands! Because he fixed it enough for us to get home! And then, on top of that.. he told me to go ride. :) ahhhhh... That helped a ton!

 

I grabbed Funny and we headed to Ashland. We did a nice warm up hack with some hills to start. It was a lovely night. And as we were coming out of the woods and entering "Narnia"... heading into the XC field... I stopped for a photo and then realized there was an orange kitty cat sitting in the grass. Funny didn't notice him until he bolted. Gracious girl... some alpha mare.. if that had been a leopard, we'd have been it's dinner! Ha! Luckily she didn't spook that bad. 

 

We headed to the arena and had a short little dressage school. She was a pretty good girl. We didn't do a ton.. just a tiny bit to say we did. 

    

Then I pulled her saddle off and we headed to the lake for a little bareback ride and roll. And she did. She rolled a few times. Then we hacked back home. Ahhhh, I feel better! I think she does too.

   

 









No comments:

Post a Comment