Oh wow!! Funny showed off just how far we've come today! We finally got to get back to lessons with Jacel! We hauled to her place today and it was awesome. We warmed up and she was so slow and soft at the trot. Like... WHO ARE YOU? Where did you put Funny?? Ha ha. She was just... pleasant! It was awesome. Jacel was impressed too.
Then we started jumping and she got worked up, but it was still better overall. We started off with trotting a line and she did not want to trot. So she got all sucked back and reared and proppy. Jacel told me to send her forward, but .... I'm trying. It's just... hard to send her forward and keep a trot. I can send her forward in a canter, but then she wins. Jacel agreed and told me to just keep ignoring the antics but keep her pointed at the fence. And eventually she can walk or trot the fence. I can keep asking for forward without allowing the canter. So we did that. And Funny is a smarty pants and quickly realized that damn... I wasn't going to cave and let her canter so it was easier to just trot then it was to do all the antics she was doing. So she became much more willing to trot. Granted she still threw in a canter stride before the fence every other time practically but at least it was only one stride. And it was more polite.
We ended up having a pretty polite ride after that. She was listening and I was riding better and asking with my body vs my hands. And we laughed because I let her stop at the barrel and Jacel was like... you could have rode through that.. stop having so much fun and being complacent. Sit up and ride! Yes ma'am! So I did. And she's right. And I did and we had some good lines. Especially when I rode her barrel and used my inside leg and outside rein.
After that we went for a hack. Jacel was on Smidge (one of the vaulting horses I work on). Funny and I felt small. Hee hee. And she was a bit of a slug on the way out. She was more marchy on the way back though, so... ???




No comments:
Post a Comment