Tuesday, April 28, 2026

ahhh, good girl

It was stormy this morning so Liz and I had tentatively postponed our lesson to this afternoon. And then, I was able to move my repeat mammogram to this morning instead of this afternoon, so while it was raining, I got my boobs squished again. Then I had to run some errands. And then I called Liz and we had a good chat. I basically told her that I was thinking we should cancel our afternoon lesson because I was just stressed and not feeling it. She understood and we had a good chat. 

 

But then I decided that I was feeling better and I did want to ride. Just maybe not stress about a lesson and timing. So I hopped on Funny at home. We did some thoracic sling work first. Then I got on and we had a good ride. I made sure my saddle was far enough back, although it does look like maybe I need to put the narrower plate in. It's sitting a hair low when I'm on her. Although, if I remember correctly, because it's a wider headplate (vs A frame) I think Tasida said it would sit lower over the wither than a classic A frame. 

We had a good ride. She was slower in general, despite being quick a little bit. She settled more easily and I even managed to canter early on and then we could still have a nice trot after that. I played with doing more transitions vs just getting into one gait and staying there. We also played with shoulder in and haunches in at the walk. And then I did some more sitting trot. It's definitely getting easier! It also really helped the trot walk trot transitions to stay sitting. We also played with some trot to canter to trot to canter transitions. Not rapid fire, but... some back to back. She was really good. Phew! Because I needed a good ride. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment