Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Arghhhh

 Today was just not my day. Well, it wasn't that bad. Just a ton of minor inconveniences and frustrating, but... not a bad day. I slept in... got the ponies fed. And then the weather was ... uncooperative at best. Well, actually, the weather wasn't that uncooperative. It was the weather channel that was uncooperative. It said rain all morning and then basically all day. And it looked like it was going to rain. So I did some things I needed to do this morning first... and it never really rained. I called the crematory about Jedi... I called and scheduled a vet appt for Cody, Magnum and Toby... and they said that they could probably come today as the rain was going to likely cause their afternoon farm to cancel. They said around 1 or 1:30. Okay, sweet. And then I was supposed to have a lesson at 7pm, but then that ended up getting cancelled because the arena's were a mess. 

So after I did all the "things" I had to do... I decided to go ride Funny. Because now the radar showed the rain starting around 11:30 and staying all day. So... I got her tacked up and hopped on... just as it started to drizzle. Of course. But it was fine. It was a light drizzle and it was pleasant enough weather, so... it's fine. It's all fine. Aside from the fact that my tack will likely never dry and be moldy, but... it felt pretty nice. So we headed to the arena and rode. The footing wasn't bad either. A couple of few puddles but quite nice. Though I do need to drag, but that's not likely to happen because it's just too wet. 

We started out nice at the walk. And then we had a decent trot to start. And then we cantered. And then she got quick. And stayed quick. And was fussy. I tried doing all the things but it just never got super great. And then my phone kept dinging at me. I finally checked and it was the vet... they were 15 minutes away. Ummm.. it's barely 11 am!!?!? What happened to 1ish? So.... I was annoyed because I really didn't want to finish my ride because it had sucked. And it had stopped raining again. So I replied that I was on a horse and the cats weren't contained but I would do my best. I texted Mike to have him contain the cats. He's the cat whisperer anyways. And then I tried to get a nice trot from Funny so we could end on a good note. And it just wasn't happening. I'm sure because I was annoyed and rushed because "we needed to get it good and now so we can end"!. Yeah.... I should know better. So then the vet texted me back and said that they would go trim some goats first real quick and then be at my place between 12 and 12:30. Okay, yay. Except now I'm already irritated and thus, so is Funny. And I was a little worried about Dan too because when I got Funny this morning he was laying down. Which, is his usual nap time... but then he was laying down again while we were riding. So... did I just interrupt his beauty sleep and he wanted more, or... was he not comfortable?? So that didn't help. (side note.. he seemed totally fine the rest of the day so maybe he just needed more beauty rest).

]

So we tried... I tried so hard to stop and breathe. And we did have some better moments. But it just wasn't a great ride. I finally called it quits and headed back and hosed her off. Not the last ride I wanted before our vacation break, but it is what it is. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment