Thursday, June 18, 2026

Fitness Hack

We tried to beat the weather but.. not so much. 

 

We met Kelli and Marvin and did Marvin's 25-30 min rehab walk with them. We headed to the lake and back. And then to the jump warm up area. Then we walked back to the trailers. And then I left Marvin and Kelli for a bit more work. Funny didn't want to leave Marvin at first, but she's a good girl and did. '

 

We went on another hack. We saw two of the three baby geese. They looked like teenagers now. And they seemed a little lost and scared. They were honking and just wandered to the lake. Poor guys. Hopefully they'll do okay. And then we saw some baby armadillos. They were so pink and fleshy and.. gross! ha ha. Funny spooked very briefly at them but then ignored them and carried on. 

 

We did some fitness work in the field and... got rained on. But it was sunny while it was raining, so.. it was cool. Like happy little sparkley rain! And it helped cool things down, so that was nice too. And it didn't rain hard so it didn't get us soaking wet. But then the humidity came back once the rain quit. Oh well. It was nice and magical while it lasted!

 

Then we went to the cross country field and tried to get our fancy trot. Not the extended cross country trot. It was somewhat successful. Ha. I kind of gave up and did some jumping. We did the water and the banks and then popped a few fences. She was jumping quite nicely! We could have probably done more. The courses were set for the show and I was tempted to do the novice course, but decided not to. I was alone.. didn't have my vest on... I'm sure we would have been fine, but there's no need. But I definitely think we'll be ready to move up to training at Ashland the next time we show here. That's a nice feeling. :) 

 

So yeah. Good day! We got to see Kelli and Marvin. We got to do some fitness. We got to jump. We got to ride in magical sparkly sunshine rain. And we enjoyed ourselves!

    



No comments:

Post a Comment