Yeah girl!! Despite her having a week off.. the weather being a hair cooler (but still humid) and it raining, we snuck in a ride between storms and she was suprisingly NOT feral!
Well, she did spin and bolt briefly when the deer popped out, but... fair enough. The went crashing through the woods and we could just barely see them but definitely heard them. But the rest of our ride was quite nice. The canter doesn't feel great though. It feels sticky today. Like.. too much head bobbing. I can't quite figure out how to get a soft connection in the canter. I'm either holding or throwing her away, thus the head bobbing. She was also a bit fussy in the bridle... she kept flinging her head. So I don't know if the bugs were bothering her.. or her forelock was tickling her today or what the deal was.
But our transitions were good and getting better. Except for the trot walk trot ones. She's anticipating them something fierce! Oh well. We got one or two acceptable ones, but we'll definitely need to keep working on those. We also played with some working trot and lengthened trots. And then I even played with a baby half pass. So, overall, quite good and ridable but maybe not our best ride. I did use the half pad with shims today to see if that made her happier, but I don't think it did. In fact, it might have been why our canter was so sucky.
As we were walking back to the barn we saw the momma deer with three does who were out frolicking in the field. Cute!!






No comments:
Post a Comment