Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Bareback shoe searching

 I finished work early enough that I could have ridden but I had another headache and it was hot and humid. And Dan and Lyric are missing a shoe each and Patrick is was planning to come "this afternoon/evening" but I didn't know when. So I came home and sat on the couch for a bit and chilled. Eventually I felt better and decided I should go look for Dan's shoe (Lyrics is somewhere at Ashland, so... not going there). I started to walk out there but then decided it would be more productive to hop on Funny and use her as my uber. 

 

I grabbed the bareback pad, the bridle and my helmet and treats and headed out. She let me climb on via the tipped over mounting block and we headed out. She was a very good girl despite the other two not coming with us and didn't try to run or buck. Good pony! I tried to cover the entire farm but also figured we might as well get in some hill work while we were at it, so I rode up and down the hills. Patrick texted shortly after I got on and gave me a 45 minute ETA so we kept looking for a good bit. We never did find the shoe! I don't know where Dan flung it! I did trot a tiny bit because I wanted to. She was still a good girl.

 

I finally called it and hopped off and hosed her off. Then the other two meandered in because it was dinner time, so they got their 4cyte and treat and then Patrick showed up. Perfect timing. Except for the fact that it felt like I was wearing a diaper because my pants were so sweaty. Gross! 

 

But, the ponies got their shoes back on, and Funny and I got in a little work out, and after all that.. I showered. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment